About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010



This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

 • Template from Rose and Bru which can be found on Rose's blog here (post of March 8, 2010), thank you so much ladies for the awesome template!

• I used a tube of Lorenzo DiMauro which I purchased and is available for purchase at his site. Please do not use this tube if you do not have appropriate license to do so.

• Texture of choice, here is the one I am using in this tut, you're welcome to save. I've had this one for ages and I'm sorry I don't know where I got it, but if it's yours please let me know so I can either give you credit you deserve or remove, thank you ♥



• I used Filter Factory M Motion Trail, Tramages Tow the Line, Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow, Super Blade Pro (sg_Iris setting), Xero Porcelain, Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow for filters. OMG I do love my filters lol.

• Font I used was Bilbo which is a pay font, so I cannot supply but any font of choice will do nicely.



Okay ready, let's go make a very simple tag!

• Open up Rose and Bru's fabulous template, duplicate the image and close out the original. Delete Raster 8 (credits layer). I left the mask layers as is, I was so lucky to find the tube I wanted to use matched the template so well lol but if yours is not the case, what you can easily do is colorize those layers to match colors in your tube using the manual color correction tool. Choose the original color as the source color and whatever color you want as the target. Sometimes it's necessary to play with it a little, but I do love that tool.

• I deleted the bottom left pink circle. On the Top Right Pink Circle, colorize using the manual color correction tool, have the pink that it currently is as the source, and change to a purple in your tube (I used #b7379b). Now in your material palette have your background set to a pink color (I used #eb6a8e) and apply Filter Factory M Motion Trail with default settings. I then applied Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow, settings of 3, 25, 100 on the first tab and here is what my 2nd one looks like:





Duplicate this image, mirror and flip it, so it takes the place of the one we deleted. The reason I didn't just apply the same effects was because the motion trail didn't look the same I liked this one better LOL.

• Top and Bottom black rectangles, I just applied a gradient glow setting to these layers. Basically the reverse of the one I used above as the dominant colors basically reversed. Small heart layer and Hottie text layers, I used manual color correction tool and changed the colors to match the purple I used previously. On both layers, I applied a nice gel-like inner bevel setting and then another nice gradient glow setting (similar to the first one I showed example of). Gradient glitter circle, I didn't make any modification to at all.

• Black Circle, I applied Tramages Tow the Line and because my dominant colors are purple and black, I used the manual color correction tool to change the silver/white colors of the filter to be the purple I'm using. To do this, zoom in a lot and then bring up your manual color correction tool to select a silver color as the source, and your purple color as target. I actually had to do the manual color correction twice, play around with it see what works for your tag.

• Circle dot layer, again using manual color correction tool change the white to purple, I applied inner bevel setting that I used on the Hottie and small hearts layers. Then applied gradient glow as in example above.

• Center Pink Circle, I did select all, float, and defloat, add a new layer and flood filled with a gradient that I created using my central black and purple colors, using angle of 45 and repeats of 3. Leave selected, delete the original center pink circle as we no longer need it. On that flood filled layer, add a new layer again, grab your texture that you are using, copy, and on your working canvas image, paste as a new selection in that new blank layer you just added. Select none. Now the color doesn't quite match so you know what we're going to do? Yes of course manual color correction tool LOL, I chose a color for the source, the one I used was #afb1cd and my target of the purple, turned it real pretty. I also changed the blend mode of the texture to Screen. You can do soooo much with textures and playing around with the blend modes!

• Pixel words I changed color to black using the manual color correction and then applied a gradient glow, just had a veryyyy slight one this time just the purple color, I don't want the words over-powered with color considering how little the words are.

• Whew! Template finished and doesn't it look pretty? Let's add our tube now. Re-size to your liking and place her in there nicely. I want to have her fit in nicely so layer we flood filled with our gradient, select all, float, and defloat, invert your selection and contract selection by 1. On the tube layer, grab your eraser tool and erase the bottom part of the tube that hangs over that circle. I just love that tube with this template, I swear it was created for her!

• All that's left now is do any finishing effects on the tag that need be and I didn't re-size the tag at all as the template was just perfect for my tagging needs and I try not to re-size if possible if there are any pixel fonts involved, it blurs them too much. So I just applied my drop shadows using Eye Candy 5 Perspective Shadow, if you don't have that filter by all means use the drop shadow in PSP it works just as good! I applied Xero Porcelain to the tube, just to give her a nice glow to match the tag.

• Add the artist's copyright information and your tagger's watermark. I chose the font Bilbo for my text, and applied Super Blade Pro to it, using the setting of sg_iris. Which that one gave it a bit lighter purple than I liked so again using manual color correction tool, changed it to match closer to my tag, applied a gradient glow as used above, and of course a drop shadow. Close out the white background layer, and save as a PNG and voila you're done! Lots of effects and explanations and hopefully you learned a fun technique in this tutorial.



This tutorial was written by Tonya on March 30, 2010 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews