About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010




This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• Divalicioius scrapkit made by the very talented QueenBrat it is available for purchase at her store.

• I used a tube I had purchased of Ismael Rac's which I purchased at AMI. Please do not use this artist's work without a proper license to do so.

• Template I used was by Rose go to blog to get it.

• I used a mask from Creative Misfits blog, please check out the masks there, they are awesome!

• Filters I used were Super Blade Pro coconut ice setting, Eye Candy 4000 Glass, Eye Candy 4000 Gradient Glow, Eye Candy 6 Perspective Shadow, DSB Flux Bright Noise. I know! I'm a filter addict lol.

• Font used was Koziupack which I cannot share, but any font of your choice will work nicely.



Okay ready, let's go make a fabulous tag! This tutorial looks long but it's mostly just repetitive and descriptive.

• Open up Rose's fab template, duplicate the image so you can close out the original, delete the credits layer and change the canvas size (Image > Canvas Size) to 750x750. On the background layer, you may need to re-flood fill white. This just gives us lots of space to work with. We can re-size later as needed. Let's work from the bottom up on this template:

♦ Raster 2: select all, float, and defloat, add a new layer, and paste paper of choice (I used paper 7) into selection on that new layer. On original raster 2 layer, expand selections by 5, press delete so it deletes the original gray circle and flood fill with color of choice, I used #31d3fd, a blue from the kit. Select none and apply DSB Flux Bright Noise, I used intensity of 32 and set on Mix.


♦ Circle 1: I used the Manual Color Correction tool to change the color from black to a green in the kit. Here's a pic of my settings you can see how to change the color this way, I find this to be more precise than the colorize option:



now that we've colorized, select all, float, defloat, expand selections by 5, add a new layer and bring beneath the colorized circle. Flood fill that newly added layer with black and select none. Apply DSB Flub Bright Noise again, I used a higher intensity so it would show a little bit more with the darker color.


♦ Circle 2: repeat same steps as Circle 1 except changing the color to a blue instead of green.


♦ Rectangle: select all, float, defloat, add a new layer, paste paper of choice (I used paper 3) into selection on that new layer. On original rectangle layer, expand selections by 5, press delete to remove the original pink rectangle, and flood fill with a color of choice, I used a green from the kit. Select none and apply DSB Flux Bright Noise, I used the original setting of intensity of 32.


♦ Sm Rec 1: using manual color correction tool as above, I colorized this layer to the bright green color. Change the Source to that lighter pink color and the target to the neon green and press okay. Apply a slight gradient glow in black to this layer. I used the "fat" setting changing the color to black and a width of 3.


♦ Sm Rec 2: repeat steps from sm Rec 1 layer


♦ Sm Rec 3: using manual color correction tool as above, I colorized this layer to the pretty blue color in the kit. Change the Source to the darker pink color and the target to the blue and press okay. Apply gradient glow setting as used above.


♦ Sm Rec 4: repeat steps from sm Rec 3 layer


♦ Hearts: I left hearts black and applied an inner bevel of choice. Wanting to make them shine a big, I applied a clear glass setting using Eye Candy 4 Glass.


♦ Freak Wordart: repeat same steps as for the Hearts layer


♦ Big Circle: select all, float, and defloat, paste paper of choice as a new layer (I used paper 14), re-size as appropriate, I re-sized by 80%. Invert selections and press delete. Select none and delete original Big Circle layer.


♦ Pixel Words: add a new layer on top of pixel words layer. We are going to make a gradient with the blue and green dominant colors in this kit, have your foreground to the blue color and the background to green and on your material palette and select the gradient tab, choose the gradient of foreground/background change settings to this:


flood fill the entire new layer with the gradient. On the pixel words layer, select all, float, defloat, invert selections. Go back up to the flood filled layer, and press delete. Delete the original Pixel Words layer. Okay you can see the flowers from the big circle show through? Let's change that! On big circle layer, select all float, defloat, add a new layer and flood fill black. Select none. Grab selection tool (set on rectangle) and drag so you have the black area you want to remove. Press delete and select none. Voila!


♦ Pink Strip: using manual color correction tool, change the source to the pink color of the pink strip and change the target to black. Apply a gradient glow to this layer, I change the black colors we had used previously in above steps to the blue color used in this kit.


♦ Dot Line: using manual color correction tool, change the white of the dots to a color of the kit, I used the green color.


♦ Big Wordart: using manual color correction tool, change the white of the wordart to a color of the kit, I used the blue color. Select all, float, and defloat, apply the super blade pro filter using the coconut ice setting. I also applied a gradient glow setting changing the the colors used to a green


♦ Frame: using manual color correction tool again, change the white of the frame to a color of the kit, I chose to use the blue in the kit. It already has a noise effect on it so nothing to change there.


• Whew! That's a bunch of steps but pretty in the end wooohoooo. Now let's add our mask. On the white background layer, add a new layer and change your gradient style radial instead of linear (4th button underneath preview of gradient) and I had mine set at repeats of 9. Apply mask and once happy merge layer group.

• Now let's add our tube in there. See my tag for placement and re-size as needed. Once happy let's get her fitting in there nice. On big circle layer, select all, float, defloat, invert selections, and contract selections by 1. Grab eraser tool and erase the parts on the bottom that hang over the circle. With selections still active, on the frame layer, erase the parts of the frame that are on top of the tube. Once happy, select none. Duplicate the tube, bringing copy underneath original applying gaussian blur of 1 and on the original tube, change the blend mode to Soft Light.

• On one of the smaller circles, add the tube layer again, On the smaller circle layer, select all, float, defloat, invert selections, contract selections by 1 and once the tube is moved into position you want, press delete and select none. Duplicate and mirror moving into position in other circle. I changed the blend mode on the tube on the blue circle to Burn and the tube on the green circle to Luminance (Legacy).

• Okay now let's do any cropping and re-sizing you need to and sharpen any parts that need it. Add drop shadows at this point in time to make things stand out nicely that need it. Add any elements to your tag as well. I created a cluster with some of the flowers in the kit and skull 4. I just love the cute skulls had to use some in there! Add the artist's copyright and your taggers watermark.

• All that's left is to do the text now. I used the font Koziupack, but just use your fave font of choice. I used super blade pro coconut ice setting as in the big wordart and then applied a gradient glow using the colors from the kit, mostly the green and black to give it definition and of course a blurry drop shadow.

Okay we're done! I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial.



This tutorial was written by Tonya on February 24, 2010 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any similarities to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews