About Me

My photo
Hiya I'm Tonya! I'm an avid psper, have been for a few years and finally have me a blog that I've been working on slowly getting stuff added to. I started writing tuts and recently started making masks and templates. I LOVE to see creations you've made with my things, if you'd like to email me please do so at aquaspinner@gmail.com ................................................. My TOU are as follows: All of my items are personal use only NO Commercial Use, please do not share (distribute) my stuff in groups, just send people here to grab please. ♥ Tutorial writers, if you wish to use my stuff in your tutorials, of course I am honored! You're more than welcome to use my stuff in them, I only require that you link to me and send people here to grab the goodies that you are using in the tut. ................................................. Hope you'll enjoy what I have for ya and thanks for stopping by. ♥

Cluster Frame TOU

Thank you SO much for being so interested in my cluster frames. I love that you enjoy using them.

However I do have a request, please do NOT credit me as the cluster frame on your tags. Although I assembled it, I do not believe I deserve any such credit. If anything, please list Scrapkit by, (assuming you didn't add other bit by a different designer to your tag of course). I'd prefer not be given credit for simply assembling the cluster frame. Thank you ♥

My Artist CTs ♥

CDO_Blinkie-vi

My CTs ♥

LHDCTBlinkiieRD-blinkie_CT_zpsx9belyds

My Guest CTs ♥

patty1_bybrandi1

Followers

Sunday, October 25, 2009



This is the tag we'll be making and what you'll need:

• Pink Passion scrapkit made by the very talented Baby Cake Scraps, it is available for purchase on her blog. She has extremely affordable kits there! However, you can find a FTU if you wish not to purchase the kit.

• Tube I used was by Nicole Brune, it is available for purchase at CILM. Do not use this tube unless you have a license to do so.

• Mask I used was from from Babe and is available on her blog Babes Designz

• Template I used was by Tracy template #25

• Filters I used were Xero Porcelain, Eye Candy 4000 Glass, Gradient Glow.

• Font used was Sweetheart Script.



Okay let's get this started, I know it looks long but just a lot of repetition I promise!

1. Open up your template, duplicate, close out original. Delete the credits layer on the template. Increase canvas size to 700 x 700, we can re-size later as need be. I chose to add a layer at bottom and flood fill white. This is just so I can see what I'm doing better. We can hide later (or delete) when saving so you don't see it.

2. I'm not going to be using the Catwalk Babe layers on this tag, so I just deleted those top 4 layers.

3. On the Stripes layer, select all, select float, select defloat, add a new layer, choose the paper you want to use fill those slats with, I chose paper five. Then, with your new blank layer selected on layer palette, paste into selection. I choose to do this instead of the invert delete method because sometimes when you do drop shadows, it will create a funky shadow on the edges of the canvas. Select none and delete the original copy of slats as you are done with that now. I deleted the Stripes frame, as I didn't end up using it.

4. On the newly filled layer of your stripes, I decided to do a nice subtle gradient glow with this. Here are the settings I used and the first panel was 5, 25, and 100:


5. Next go to your circle layer, and again select all, float, defloat, add new layer and paste into selection paper of choice, I chose to use teal paper six. Select none and delete the original circle layer.

6. Next go circle frame layer, again select all, float, and defloat, add a new layer and paste into selection on that new layer your paper of choice. I chose paper one and then select none, delete original swirls layer. I then chose to add a nice gel-like inner bevel and then I also gave it a glass setting. Here are settings I chose to use:







7. Next go to the dotted circles layer. Again select all, float, and defloat, add new layer, paste paper of choice into selection on new layer, I chose to use paper three. Select none and then delete the original dotted circles layer. I used that inner bevel setting dotted circle we just created and then applied the gradient glow again. This time change the first panel from 5 to 3 and on the second panel remove that last black color.

8. On the rectangle layer, select all, float, defloat, this time using whatever paper (I chose paper 8 ), paste as a new layer and re-size 55%. I did that paper differently because otherwise the pattern got distorted. Invert your selections and press delete, select none and delete the original rectangle layer.

9. On the rectangle frame layer, select all, float defloat, add a new layer and flood fill black. Select none, and delete the original rectangle frame layer. At this point I applied that inner bevel and glass settings again. It made it shiny and I was in a shiny mood lol.

10. On the dotted rectangle layer, again select all, float, defloat and add a new layer, I used paper seven on this one. Select none, delete original dotted rectangle layer. Voila we're done customizing the template!

11. Next I decided to use Babe's gorgeous mask, so on my bottom white layer, I selected all, added a new layer and pasted paper nine, applied the mask (remember to invert). Then I merged mask layer group and voila we are done with that. Doesn't our tag look purdy?

12. Add your pretty tube of choice, resize and position as need be.

13. Re-size your tag to the size that you prefer most if you started with a bigger canvas. After sharpening tube, I apply Xero and Porcelain to give it a nice pretty glow, I applied this filter twice on this tag. At this point also add any drop shadows you wish.

14. Add your copyright and watermark, making sure that the copyright information is clearly visible at first glance.

15. Now it's time to add your text, I chose to use Sweetheart Script on this one. I chose a color from the tube, #bb4679. Then I applied a gel-like inner bevel setting I have, followed by Eye Candy 4000 Glass and then Gradient Glow setting (same setting as before but on first panel I changed from 3 to 4) and then added a very subtle drop shadow.

16. Hide or delete your white background layer if you don't want the white back showing, save as a png file and that's it voila! I hope you found this very easy to do and I didn't confuse you too much along the way.



This tutorial was written by Tonya on August 8, 2009 and absolutely no part of this tutorial may be taken or used without my express permission. Any likeness to another tutorial is purely coincidental and unintended.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grab My Blinkie

Labels

Leave Some Lovin'

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews